Bell Farm Christian Centre does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this web site, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via e-mail or by enquiring about or ordering any of our services. In these latter cases, the personal information you give us is used exclusively by Bell Farm Christian Centre for providing you with current and future information about our products and services and any other services described in this web site. We do not pass any of your personal data to outside organisations and/or individuals, except with your express consent. Bell Farm Christian Centre does not send cookies from this site and only monitors the IP address of visitors to assess which pages are the most popular. These IP addresses are not linked to any personal data so that visitors to our site remain anonymous. You have a right to know about the personal information Bell Farm Christian Centre holds about you. You also have a right to have your data corrected or deleted. Please address all your requests and/or queries about our Data Protection Policy to: Bell Farm Christian Centre, South Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 9LW
Bell Farm Christian Centre
Data Protection Statement
This is a statement of the Data Protection Policy adopted by Bell Farm Christian Centre. Bell Farm Christian Centre needs to collect and use certain types of information about people with whom it comes into contact in order to operate effectively. These include current, past and prospective employees, suppliers, clients/customers, and others with whom it comes into contact.
This personal information must be dealt with properly, however it is collected, recorded and used - whether on paper, on computer, or recorded on other media - and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998. We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information by Bell Farm Christian Centre as very important to our successful operations, and to maintaining confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. We ensure that our organisation treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end, we fully endorse and adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as outlined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Specifically, the Principles of the Act require that personal information:
1. Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met;
2. Shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes;
3. Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed;
4. Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
5. Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes;
6. Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act;
7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data;
8. Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Therefore, Bell Farm Christian Centre will, through appropriate management, and strict application of criteria and controls:
1. Fully observe the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information;
2. Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used;
3. Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements;
4. Ensure the quality of information used;
5. Apply strict checks to determine the length of time information is held;
6. Ensure that the rights of people about whom information is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. (These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the right of access to one's personal information, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances, and the right to correct, rectify, block or erase information which is regarded as wrong information);
7. Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information;
8. Ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad (i.e. outside the European Economic Area).
In addition, Bell Farm Christian Centre will ensure that:
1. There is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation-currently the Centre Director is the Data Controller.
2. Everyone managing and handling personal information understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice;
3. Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately trained to do so;
4. Everyone managing and handling personal information is appropriately supervised;
5. Anyone wanting to make enquiries about handling personal information knows what to do;
6. Queries about handling personal information are promptly and courteously dealt with;
7. Methods of handling personal information are clearly described;
8. A regular review and audit is made of the way personal information is managed;
9. Methods of handling personal information are regularly assessed and evaluated;
10.Performance with handling personal information is regularly assessed and evaluated.
If you have any questions or would like us to send you a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to:
Bell Farm Christian Centre, South Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 9LW